Uleria in the East?

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:25:16 -0400

Namaste all.

My current campaign is set in Teshnos, but being inspired by "Men of the Sea" and too many pirate movies, will probably head into both Vithela and Kralorela.

One of my players asked if Uleria was worshipped in Teshnos, and while I am certain She is, I'm not sure about any of the details. I would presume she would be part of the Fuel Cults there, associated with their Goddess Kab Vanarana Sa ("She is Love!"). One possibility could be that these two goddesses are in fact the same. Uleria could be one of KVS's daughters, or perhaps her mother. (Or both, depending on who you ask..)

Is Uleria worshipped in Kralorela? Perhaps she is in the form of Yothenera, who tamed the First Dragon, Dogsalu. It seems to me that the East Islanders don't know of Uleria, but the Gods Iste and the Goddess Yothenera fill that cosmological role (and the Cosmic Dancers Majadan and Erdires)

I wonder how much of a God-Learner construct our present understanding of Uleria is in any case. She seems like the kind of mythological being that the God-Learners would have loved to manipulate in order to prove their Monomyths.

--
-Santo

"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."