Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:51:49 -0000

> > I think this is key to understanding the success of the Theyalan
> > missionaries. They showed folk how to contact the gods again.
> This was another thing that Heort taught to his people. They did
not
> worship Orlanth, who was unreachable, during the Darkness. I've
got
> the story of how this was done someplace. I'll try to get it into
print.

This is key to understanding why the Orlanth religion in Ralios, Talastar and elsewhere is based on the Orlanth relgion of Dragon Pass. Heort showed people how to contact Orlanth again - those rituals and ceremonies were spread across Genertela by the Theyalan missionaries.

> > This makes a lot of sense. Maybe, just maybe, after the Theyalan
> > missionaries arrived one band of Ralians concluded that the
> > Underworld wind was actually Humakt. But it would end up being a
> > minor subcult of Humakt.
> Humakt IS sometimes called the Wind of Below. He is the Dead Wind.
Not
> the no Wind, but the Dead Wind...

There we are! Somewhere we can have the minor subcult of the Dead Wind.

Jeff