Re: Fan Support vs. Blackmail

From: SimonBray_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:53:20 -0000

Hi All,

 I will state again!!!! Issaries did not make the comment 'If you want Issaries to succeed, buy all their products.' Made the comment. If people would like to look at the whole E-mail i sent, then they would realise that this was an introductory statement to a quick letter I worte in response to someone asking when their <insert favourite region> book would be released. My statement was intended to mean, that the only way in which book Y will appear is if book X sells well, ie if you lot buy them. Of course I was submitting this statement to Glorantha fans, some of whom are very easily offended and then proceed to burn my words at the stake. All as I can say then is DON'T BUY THE BOOKS, DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM ISSARIES. Now you can all write to Greg and tell him that I am forcing you to stop buying his books, that I am 'Blackmailing' you into NOT spending your money.

Simon (Munching babies)

FOR ANYONE YOU DOESN'T COMPREHEND THE PEDANTRY AND SARCASM IN THIS LETTER, I WILLPRAY FOR YOU! PS One of the best things about TR is the little note of dedication to my two beautiful little daughters.