Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:21:28 GMT

In message <44B1F19B.8070508_at_...> Guy Hoyle writes:

>This level of detail is vastly intimidating to ones such as me,
>who have merely been RQing on the fringes of Glorantha for 25+
>years. I long for the RQ2-RQ3 days, when the Godlearner POV made
>gaming not only understandable, but, dare I say it, FUN...

Then ignore it. One of the important things to learn about Glorantha is that there's far too much to bother with all of it for most people. Follow the bits that interest you and matter to your game. If your Glorantha follows the Godlearner monomyth then it varies from canon but YGWV anyway so it doesn't matter. Personally I like the idea that there are a multitude of variations which clash with each other but I don't fuss about the full background to each one.

If you're playing a pirates RPG based in the real world you don't need to read up on the historical origins of the various Christian sects in spite of the fact that most characters will be members of one sect or another.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/