Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:59:05 -0000

> > This level of detail is vastly intimidating to ones such as me,
who
> have
> > merely been RQing on the fringes of Glorantha for 25+ years. I
long
> for
> > the RQ2-RQ3 days, when the Godlearner POV made gaming not only
> > understandable, but, dare I say it, FUN...

As someone who does actually use a lot of esoterica in his games, I appreciate the vast amount of detail that I can add to my Glorantha. I have Orlanthi players trying to perform sacrifices to long-dead Garanvuli kings in order to get an edge fighting against the scorpion hordes from the Print or how their distant ancestors fought the God Learners in order to gain power over the Seshnegi knights of Rikard the Tiger-Hearted. I've played in a game where a bunch of Umathelans traveled to Genertela to learn the secrets of kingship stolen by the God Learners.

All of this detail can be FUN - and certainly beats rummaging for the last twenty-five years in the ruins of the Big Rubble.:) I agree that endlessly arguing about which sources support what details can get a bit irritating, but there is a reasonable chance that aspects of this discussion may end up in a published article, background piece, or freeform.

Jeff