Re: Re: Ralian Orlanthi

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:19:35 +0100 (BST)

> > > shows how much of their rituals I know!
> > >
> > > Come on now, you've never heard of the Aztecs or
> the
> > > Incas, for instance?
> >
> >In Britain, immediately pre-Normans? No, I thought
> >they were over in the Americas.
>
> Apparently the problem is that you didn't indicate
> these neccessary criteria
> in your description of the example that you consider
> required to prove the point

?? Example: a timespan of the same duration as that of the Darkness, as indicated first by numbers, then by "what was happening then". What was happening then, in the civilisation I'm a part of and might remember part of, was the Norman invasion, so that's the example given: and what religions died out around that period, is, obviously only relevant if they're in the same location as me and my culture or at least linked. There's not likely to be thousand-year-old cultural echoes of something that we didn't make contact with for another few centuries, is there?

> Or you're unable to understand
> anything that didn't happen
> on your home island?

I can understand it (maybe), that doesn't make it relevant.

All New Yahoo! Mail � Tired of Vi_at_gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html