Re: creativity 'n' all that

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:41:24 -0000

> Have you tried getting the players to make up the
> background as they need it to fit their story and the
> plot? Like, for instance, my players have decided that
> they need a HQ to help them track a vampire

Funny -- we've had vampire trouble in an e-mail game I'm "running" set in a city dominated by Esvulari. A player did quite an evocative, very detailed myth in which the Esvulari version of St. Ehilm (the "baptized" version of the Heortling god Elmal) fought off vampires in the Darkness.

I have no idea what the main Esvulari religion (Aeolian Church) is going to look like when this game is done. I have made some effort to hunt down canon and fan publications on that religion, but the player stuff I've seen so far is so creative and elaborate, it just _has_ to be right. I'm glad I'm not having to do the work.

Rob