Re: Re: Orlanthi - Ralians, Talastari, oh my

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 04:37:58 -0500

Jeff Richard wrote:

> Elmal is a sun god last time I checked. And I don't know what the
> basis was for the Baal-Heracles association.

Perhaps you meant "Ehilm" instead of "Elmal" here? Thar was the deity mentioned.

And "Baal" is a title bestowed upon every male Phoenician deity. "Melqart" is the usual Phoenician equivalent of Heracles/Hercules.

Whew! This is a topic I can contribute to.

--
--Guy Hoyle

"Live every day as if you're dying Of a contagious disease that turns
people you bite into zombies."
The Onion, January 25, 2006 | Issue 42�04