Re: Heortlings: Sexist/Egalitarian?/Post Freudian Feminism 101

From: SimonBray_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:08:30 -0000

Hi Guys,

 Outbursts and silliness over.

 I for one really enjoy the new Ernalda suff in TR, this was just what I was trying to get across in the article I wrote for Tales 18, with Martin Hawley and Greg. There are a few factors that you must remember however,

 This is Hero Wars we are playing, with sufficient skill and magical back up an Ernalda can use her 'Calm Man' or whatever ability to defeat the Humakti who wants to chop off her head.

 This is the time of the Hero Wars in Glorantha, where even women in the Loom House may have to pick up their shears and defend themselves from Lunar Invaders.

 This is the Orlanthi all for most women in this society, but there is still 15% who do get to do things differently. And thank god there is! Imagine if you would that every woman in Sartar worshipped Vinga or Barbeestor, Maran or Ty Kora Tek. There would be no-one left to bring peace and return life to war torn Sartar when all was done, and probably no men left with their balls intact!

 Storm Gods does cover the other 15%, the percentage that makes up the majority of all player heroines. But for now I am glad to know how 'Normal' Orlanthi live.

 Simon