Re: Argraths, Argraths Everywhere...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 05:47:50 +0100 (BST)

> > >Since there are so many "real" Argraths running
> around, has anybody run
> > >any fake Argraths? People who knowingly or
> unknowingly pass themselves
> > >off as Argrath who are nothing of the sort?
> >
> > But wouldn't the rules of dramatic irony *require*
> that one of these
> > fake Argraths would eventually liberate Sartar and
> destroy the Red
> > Moon?
>
> I guess that would make him the real Argrath without
> knowing it, then,
> even if he doesn't know he is. Or even if he says he
> isn't.

Hang on - what do we (you) mean by the "real" Argrath? And does the phrase have any meaning in Glorantha, to the characters rather than the players?

I *think* what we mean is "that guy who it says in KoS freed Sartar 'n' all that". But Gloranthans in the early 1620s haven't read KoS (well, unless they're in Mike Cule's game), so they don't know this. They just know "Argrath" as a word/name meaning "Liberator".

So, for those of you using the phrase "real Argrath" in an in-game sense: what do you mean by it?

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html