Re: Re: Orlanth Heroquesting during OiD

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:43:59 -0700

> > I suggest we put this particualr topic on hold until
> > we know more about Illuminated Orlanth :-).
>
> Let me get this straight. You need a definitive answer
> to a fairly technical question with far-reaching
> consequences before you continue development of your
> ideas. OK, got that.

Nah, just a quickie answer. "Before or during the LBQ".

> In order to get this info, you want me to wander up to
> Greg in a bar, while he's somewhat jet-lagged, had a
> few beers, and has his mind on many other things, and
> ask him for an answer off the top of his head, with no
> thinking time and no chance to consult sources?

I didn't specify anyone, dear, just "someone". And you think he's any more coherent when he's had time to think about it?

You
> will then take this answer as definitive, unchanging,
> and worth basing futher discussion on?

Well, without knowing when he was illuminated, it makes a hash of saying that a hero gets illuminated (or is in danger of it) on the LBQ...

> Yeah. Right. I'll pass. If you really need an answer
> that fast, list a few possibilities and I'll roll a
> dice for you.

Got plenty of my own, thanks.

 > If I see him later today, I'll mention that the
> question is being asked. Then he can have a few days
> thinking time before coming up with an answer.

Heck, the messages will probably make it moot by then :-).

Remember that i'm used to picking up the phone and calling him if there's a question...

RR
- Richelieu