New Toronto Heroquest Game Starting Up

From: epweissengruber <epweissengruber_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:45:13 -0000

Under the Red Moon: Heroquest in the Lunar Empire

What's Up
I run a Balazar wilderness game heavy on action and adventure and magic. I am starting up a campaign in the Lunar Empire emphasizing intrigue, personal conflict and magic.

What I'm Looking For
3-4 players who would like to undertake group setting and character creation. We will be meeting every two weeks, so the commitment isn't large. Moreover, I want everyone to have a say in creation of the relationships and conflicts at the start. But if you have to miss the occasional session, so be it. Each 4 hour game will be run like a self-contained story.

Details of the Campaign
http://roleplayers.meetup.com/261/events/5033214/

How to Contact Me
email: epweissengruber_at_...
or the message board at IndieRPG Toronto: http://roleplayers.meetup.com/261/boards/view/viewthread?thread=2043725

Nitty-Gritty

Inspiration for New Campaign:
* Dune

Quotes
* "The Empire, long divided, must unite: long united, must divide" --
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
* "He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing" -- Dune

Premises
* "Can you create personal or spiritual justice in an oppressive
society?"
* "Can you exist as neither a servant nor a master of the
natural/social/spiritual world?"
* "Can you survive with honour"? (A.K.A "Can you swim with the sharks
without becoming one")

Look and Feel

- diversity of the Persian Empire
- splendour of Imperial Rome
- intrigue of the Byzantine empire
- vastness and complexity of Imperial China
- social complexity of Imperial Japan
- swaying decadence of Orientalist fantasy/1001 Nights

Character Types
Generals, priests, beggars, theives, gladiators, magicians, fortunetellers, assasins, barbarians, spies, rebels, fanatics, peacemakers, philosophers, explorers, bankers, prostitutes, catamites, sybarites, politicians, rable rousers, gamblers, stoics, epicureans, actors, mimes, musicians, writers, fortunetellers, orators, missionaries, mercenaries, sorcerers, necromancers, mortals who would be as gods, gnostics, etc.
Non-humans of the exotic type (no elves or dwarves, trolls a possibility).