Re: Orlanthi Prostitution

From: wulfc_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:55:36 -0000

>I still refuse to believe that the Orlanthi have NO
> prostitutes.

I have some difficulty imagining a rural Heortling prostitute though. Would she be paid in cows (let's leave sheep out of this conversation)? Professional prostitution relies to a degree on portable, concealable (to hide illegality or unacceptability) profit. Of course there ARE such methods of payment, but where to spend/use them? More likely any 'women of loose morals' making a living (partly or wholy) from their activities would have to move on after collecting a profit, in order that said profit not be visible & obvious to the community from which it was earned. And in that position, moving from place to place, and relying to a part on their looks and persuasive talents would be... strolling players. So we're back at the Entertainers again. I cannot imagine anyone making a living entirely from such activity, but it's the most relistic version I can think of.

Wulf