Re: Lunar Phalanx Units

From: andrew968859 <andrew.157barton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 01:28:42 -0000

> As far as I'm concerned the Heartland Corps still exists and is a
> collection of infantry units from different satrapies of the Lunar
> Empire as well as some other troops provided by other regions as
> part of treaty obligations such as the Thunder Delta Slingers. I
> think they are deployed into regions where the Lunar government is
> engaging in campaigns or supressing rebellions. This would be why
> units like the Beryl Phalanx are in Dragon Pass. Hadrian's Dragoons
> are also part of the Heartland Corps.
>
> My ideas about the Lunar Army are at www.halberdgames.com then go to
> Glorantha/Lunar Army.

ILH-2, page 21, 'The Lunar Army' gives new material on the various Corps. 'The armed forces of The Emperor are divided into field armies assigned to various troubled borders of the empire. These are drawn from the Heartland Corps, Sister's Army, Cavalry Corps and the Provincial Army. Tradition assigns units to each of these, and although they have generally remained in the various corps, they could be shifted about without too much trouble if the High Command determined to do so.'

Andrew