Re: Argraths, Argraths Everywhere...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 10:07:33 -0000

Hi

> > Jane sensibly asks:
> >
> > >So, for those of you using the phrase "real
> > Argrath"
> > >in an in-game sense: what do you mean by it?

My take on the whole 'Argrath' things was that there is this prophecy that says a liberator (Argrath) will be born among the tribes, and lead them out of bondage! (Notice its a bit Moses like?)

So, before and after the occupation a number of children were born who would maybe one day become an Argrath. So in my Glorantha, in the back story, there are a number of people that have the name Argrath. Some call themselves Argrath; some hide there name (like Garrath Sharpsword).

I then adopt the Gwandor model (my Argrath council varies to the Gwandor at a few points) that in the mid 1620's there are a few people who are vying for the position of 'the' Argrath, and they form the Argrath council, and work together to fight the Empire.

Just my tuppence worth,

Regards
Rob