Re: Re: Orlanthi Prostitution

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:25:22 -0500

SimonBray_at_... wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If I remember correctly Greg has stated that their are 'No' sexual
> diseases in Glorantha.

Impests, of course, make nice retribution.

> I must ask the question, why does everybody want there to be
> prostitutes on every Sartarites village street corners? This takes me
> back to my early D&D days, when I wasn't getting any, nor was I
> likely to, so we lived in a sordid testosterone enhanced world.

Because its titillating and dirty? Sigh. I'd think that such things would occur only in areas where the tribal/clan system has broken down or there's large numbers of sweaty Lunar troops with lots of coin (and they might just bring their own, to keep down on the number of troops knifed in alleyways).

> What about realtionships, Orlanthi marriage customs. Hell if you
> read the Sacred Time calender, you will note that there is an option
> for a lot of bed hopping activity.
>
> Simon

Very true! Looks like there's a lot of fun a young lad and lass could have over the course of the religious year. And approved by the religous powers-that-be, even.

Incidentally, John H's got an article on Love & Marriage & Courtship for Orlanhi on the way.
Lots of opportunity for boot-knocking and courtship -- both romantic and goofy.

Jeff