Re: Level of Power of Entities

From: andrew968859 <andrew.157barton_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:39:58 -0000

> The difference in mastery levels. Just how did Harrek get 6+
masteries
> through rituals/circumstances/backup? (Assuming a 16-year old kid
isn't
> going to be more than 10w2, or a 30 year old not-yet-a-superhero
doesn't
> have more than 10w3, and assuming that the Bear is a "low-end"
Great Spirit
> with 10w8 and a -20 Alien World penalty to Harrek for being in the
Spirit
> World and facing the Bear on its home ground. Assuming Harrek is
smart,
> he'll have gone in with a 19 or 20 Target number, whatever his
masteries
> might be.

Maybe he did something comparable to Perseus' slaying of Medusa which required a whole series of previous quests to gain magical tools, all of them needed for the final contest. Gaming that out would be a whole campaign arc but it seems to me could be done within the rules.

My onw characters are currently involved in a quest of comparable power, and it's been going on in the background for (both game and real-world) years.

Andrew