RE: Bible Stories

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:21:39 -0000

> Thinking about it, the Biblical connection was in Piers Anthony's
> Tarot Trilogy of novels, which are far, far indeed from a reliable
> historical reference... good idea though.

Another good one is a book by James Cabal..??? Hmm, can't remember. Good idea though - a bunch of Las Vegas low-life turn out to be the most important people in the world as they are the Tarot archetypes - The Heirophant, The Lovers, The Magician....

One of the interesting ideas was playing cards are a "corrupt" version of the Tarot, and one of the characters was the One Eyed Jack. Other interesting bits were the gamblers supersitions.

I always thought this would make quite a good modern noir game. Might even be possible to map the Tarot archetypes to HW heroic/godly structure...