Re: Level of Power of Entities

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

Y'all,

I think one of the implicit concerns about Harrek killing the White Bear Spirit is that the Compromise is supposed to freeze things, so that change at the level of creating or killing gods is supposed to be . . . well, not impossible, exactly, but not long-lasting. I think one thing to think about is that we don't yet know the end of the White Bear Spirit story. There are lots of ways that the White Bear Spirit could come back. Perhaps is skin gets fused to Harrek when he dies and he becomes the White Bear Spirit. Perhaps the White Bear Spirit, having slept all these years wakes up and possesses Harrek. Or maybe he wanders around flayed and pissed for a time, triggering all sorts of obscure prophecies. Maybe two hundred years from now, Harrek is worshipped in a White Bear hero cult as the one who showed everyone how to borrow the White Bear's Skin, which (we all know now) was an ability the White Bear always had, but no one knew about before.

I think it is all good plot hooks. If it becomes a problem in anyone's campaign, let the players come up with possibilities and pick the one that amused you the most!

Chris Lemens
=====Messages from Chris========

1.  Not an ad: If you have a little extra money to donate to a good cause, check out http://www.modestneeds.org/.
2.  I use Plaxo.  Add me to your address book with https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=409693&v0=813637&k0=1031037015&v1=813638&k1=234226739.