Re: Heroquest in Play

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:31:43 -0000

> I just love the thought that some bunch of aldryami somewhere in
> Glorantha were performing some sort of Protect the Elf Forest
> ceremony, when Orlanth swoops in and smashes the forest with winds
and
> lightning, causing the elves to quest to find a way to protect
> themselves from Orlanth's storms. Maybe they'll give power to a Sky
> and Light figure like Halamao, who'll beat up some other bunch of
> Orlanthi heroquesters. Who knows - except that there are always
> consequences to your deeds.

And this is key to understanding Gloranthan Heroquests - something unexpected always happens and there are always unforeseen consequences. My players may have gained the power to flood rivers for their godi and their heroband, but they are also mythic enemies of the elves. Even though they had no idea that elves might even be present in this heroquest!

Jeff