Disappointed...

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:07:52 -0500

Well, I just returned from GenCon, to my knowledge the largest gaming convention in the world, where nary a word was heard about ILH2. No one knew anything about it, not distributors, not retailers, not other publishers... no one. In fact, most retailers had all their HQ products on clearance and some commented that the game was "dead" or "Is that still being published?" Made for a difficult weekend trying to carry the torch.

I realize that the true fan base of HeroQuest lies in Europe. But the fact that pre-release copies of ILH2, not to mention the God Learner and Hendriki UFWs, were available at relatively small cons in Germany and England, but not at the largest con in the US is disappointing. Not to mention that no one knew who might have any of the other Moon Design products.

Sigh...

Brian Curley