Re: Writing for HeroWuest (and Questworlds)

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 00:29:52 +0100

> > So, what areas do you feel inspired to write about?

Several things, but I'd like to do a book on the Dara Happan Tripolis, with deities, city descriptions and adventures. If I could find someone who was interested in doing Alkoth and Shargash, I'd love to work on Yuthuppa, and the mysteries of the old stellar religion, and others Raibanth. The book would obviously provide a good look at the solar religion, and Dara Happan culture. We have so much material already published to work with I'd feel comfortable here. I found myself at 3am last laying on my back in the garden, looking at the stars as I planned my Yuthuppa map (the city layout is based on Buserian's frame in my campaign). I was desperately trying to work out why E & W were transposed on the maps in Glorious Reascent of Yelm.

I'm intrigued by the Western Reaches, and would love to work in defining that area, but I lack any real ideas at the moment, where I have some clear ideas about how I'd like to develop the Tripolis book. However is there a market for a fourth Lunar book? Books that sell are to be honest more likely I would have though to be those more closely related to Dragon Pass. When the new books come out, and I have a better idea of Maniria and the West, a Heortland book would be wonderful as well, but there are people who hopefully are going to pitch that, as i have read so many interesting ideas there over the year. I also love the West, but have never even run a proper saga set there, so I want to see the new books as stated to get a feel for it.

Is there any interest in adventures? That would be an interesting start. I like to write adventures in to my background stuff, or at least story seeds, ideas hopefully useful for inspiring the GM, if only by "that would never work with my characters, and here is why..."

Having read Peter's comments in another thread however, I am not as enthusiastic, as it sounds like planning anything may be a waste of time. Still if anyone is interested in any of the ideas mentioned, maybe we could get a pitch together?

cj x