Re: Re: Pavis, old and new [was: What I'd like to see]

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 01:35:41 +0100

Your idea seems sound, but when you submit a pitch and sign the contract, all beibng well, are deadlines not specified? What is the usual time for a book? I'm guessing a 72pp book would be about four to five weeks, maybe up to two months deadline for first draft, and then playtesting, followed by revisions, second draft and playtesting, for a total of maybe a a year from conception to in the shops, but I have no idea how Issaries and or Moon Design do these things? That would be typical of my rpg writing experience, but different companies do thinsg different way. one assumes however that if the draft did not materialise the contract would be void? The problem here seems to be that the drafts were delivered??? I must admit I'm confused by Peter's comments, but I'm gathering Greg has to ok everything?

BTW, can anyone get ILH2 yet? I have it, but my friends can't get it from our nearest (U)LGS yet...

cj x