Re: Clarification about 'Friends of Glorantha'

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:45:29 +0100 (BST)

> Also, is makes much more sense economically for Greg
> to write some
> novels. He will reach a wider audience and maybe
> find other ways to market his stories.

This sounds good, but I have to say I'm surprised. I thought Those Wot Know had told us that Gloranthan fiction was a niche within a niche within a niche, and generally didn't sell. "A Widow's Tale" for instance - very good story, but apparently didn't sell too well. Same with "Griselda". If a way round this has been found, that's certainly good news.

And of course presenting Gloranthan background as fiction is a Good Thing in itself - fun to write, fun to read.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html