RE: Three Mystical Troll tools

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 10:49:58 -0500

Way back in RQ2 days I made up a cult of male trolls* whose sole purpose was to search the world for these mystic tools. Back then I didn't add any thought to what would happen if they succeeded. Nowadays I would assume that the search would take the form of a female troll's personal heroquest to cleanse herself from the taint. I suspect that it's never been accomplished though due to the incredibly dangerous opposition. I would say the Brotherhood exists to search for any material world manifestations of the actual items. (Maybe a fool's quest maybe not). Or they search for knowledge to help trolls in their heroquests. I wrote it up as a heroband for Herowars and it's up on my website. It needs a better name I suppose but that's probably the human translation of the trollish name. I never went so far as to hypothesize where any of the items would be found but I imagine you could set up one hell of a campaign to find them.

http://www.geocities.com/bernuetz/regions/realms/brotherh.html

Oliver