Re: Re: Banned Cults in Carmania

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:18:38 +0100

Kevin McDonald wrote:
> The Magi have not banned Uleria, but Her power is likely to be strictly
> controlled.

> Her power is thus transcendent and morally neutral.
> have viziers wielding Uleria's power through wizardry to bless weddings
> and other unions

It's a good guess that Uleria is a Great Goddess, who is so large that she must be worshipped through aspects or sub cults, rather than directly.

So in Pelanda, there might be a "Kassa" aspect that stresses the metaphorical and cosmic aspects of unification, a "Urenes and Turuka" for faithful couples, a "Delderia" aspect for romantics and a "Volangia" aspect for the sex-mad.

Uleria is evidently a resilient goddess, and there have been no end of uptight rulers and hierarchies that have unsuccessfully try to suppress her. I guess "Delderia" and "Volangia" aspects would be the most threatening to hierarchies.