Re: GloraGeek: New file uploaded to HeroQuest-RPG

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:51:59 -0700 (PDT)

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> --- John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...> wrote:
> > After this week's Furry/Geek hierarchy discussion,
> > some of us with weak minds were inevitably led
> > astray. This is my version of the **Gloranthan**
> > Cosmic Geekiness/Coolness hierarchy.
> >
> > As always, I blame Jane.
>
> Probably fair enough. But I blame you for any
> repercussions.
>
> > And no, I'm not planning on updates :)
>
> So my new challenge is "erotic stories about ducks and
> Vingans"?

That is easy. Do a novelization of the movie "Howard The Duck" and use the words Glorantha or Sartar anywhere appropriate, at least once.

Entirely appropriate, since my RQ1-2 GM (who had learned the game from Steve Perrin, so claimed he) insisted that the RQ Duck species was based on the "Howard The Duck" comics (at that time, famously worth quite a lot, probably due to collector insanity), not the Disney or Warner Brothers examples.

As for the erotic part, well, put Lea Thompson in a hazmat suit (especially at her age when filming the movie) and it still is. But maybe that is just me.

Frankly, I think any more discussion of the erotic possibilities of Ducks and Vingans probably should shift to the ImmoderateGloranthaQuest group.

Do You Yahoo!?