Ruin: A Memory of Whitewall

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:41:09 +1000

Friends,

I'm pleased to be able to make my short story 'Ruin' available at Questlines as a PDF document with new original artwork.

http://mythologic.info/questlines/fiction.html#ruin

http://mythologic.info/questlines/new.html

It will already be familiar to some of you, having appeared in Ye Book of Tentacles 6.

'Ruin' arose of out discussions on the Whitewall list. It features one man's memories of the siege, and in intended primarily as an evocation and mood setter. As one of my short skaldic pieces (suppress those groans and references to Vogon poetry please) it's pretty much a tone poem, ideally to be read aloud, and wearing the influence of Y Gododdin and the Tales of Ossian very much on its sleeve.

Whitewall is an *amazing* campaign background, sadly overlooked in the official cycle.

The story is certified free of ducks. It does have a familar vingan, but she is silent throughout. :)

Share and Enjoy.

John