Re: Re: Puppet shows

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:29:07 +1300

Charles Corrigan:

> > How does Skovara create illusory armies and switch places?
>
>Skovari does this bit ;-)

>On a more thoughtful note, the Puppeteer Troupe could well have
>learned (or stolen) a piece of Agrath's integration magic and combine
>the Make Puppets Look Real feat with a heavy duty Mastakos feat plus,
>of course, some real fighters with fighting magic.

Why would they need to do any of this?

FWIW in GoG, Donandar has a divine magic spell called switch places in which they switch places with an illusion they have created. Illusory armies and place switching explained.

> > There is a major problem with placing a show on the battlefield.

>There is the Get Everyone's Attention feat.

That only gets everybody's attention. It does not stipulate that the attentive warriors peacefully sit down and watch your play. I think it more probable that the attentive warriors might simply attack you instead of their enemy at the time.

If anything, Drogarsi's magics (TR p223) are much more appropriate for the battlefield.

>Actually I was thinking
>of them putting on a show as a pre-emptive strike some time (weeks or
>months) before the battle.

In which case, the effects of the spell would be noticed by the authorities and possibly dispelled _and_ the spell difficulty increases by at least 2W (HW:RiG p232).

--Peter Metcalfe