Re: Krarsht?

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:36:56 +0100

Santo:

> It is fine to have treat Chaos as Theistic magic, but by its nature
> it tends to break the rules of "normal" Glorantha.

Definitely so, I think chaos "religions"* use mockeries of theist, animist and wizardrous ceremonies to contact the chaotic deities. Which method is used probably depends on the dominant culture of the area, so Krarsht could be worshipped with sacrifice which gives magic that looks like affinities and feats in one place and with ecstatic rites i another place, which gives magic that loks like spirits.

The chaos magic isn't really theistic, animistic or sorcerous though as it comes from another source (primal chaos) just like lunar magic looks like the three major magics, but is really different as it comes from the moon.

(*) "Religions" because chaos worship is a route to magic power but not to spiritual fulfillment.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams