Gaming culture

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:43:37 +0000

[Transferring to HQ from the Glorantha list]

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> I very rarely roleplay at conventions. Random players together for the
> first time, new characters and a one-shot scenario has a very small chanse
> of producing a really good gaming experience.

Some of the best games I've been in have been one-shot or short scenarios. A one-shot scenario has the advantage that the players feel they can let themselves go. They don't need to be up tight about long-term consequences of whatever decisions they make. Instead they can focus on maximising fun.