Re: Vinga

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:12:06 EST

David D:

<< > So what we are saying here is that Vinga-worshippers are clearly of
> secondary stature to male combatants, perform auxiliary and defensive
rather
> than aggressive functions.

 Not at all clear -- in fact, "violent and deadly tasks normally taken by men" is to me pretty clearly the opposite of your interpretation (many violent and deadly tasks have nothing to do with defence -- and at least the KoDP sense, auxiliaries are Ernalda women). Vinga  herself may have mythically been a defender, but that doesn't mean her followers have to be, and her magic in Hero Wars certainly isn't defensive-only.>>

     And, of course, it says nothing at all about the Babeester Gori, Erantha Gori, female Humakti or (assuming there are such things) female Uroxi.

Trotsky