Another historical period to mine for ideas

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:28:56 -0800

I've been reading an account of the Yangtze Patrol (US Naval troops in China), and the 1920's "Warlord" era seems to me to be a nice possibility for Sartar during the Time of Many Argraths after the DragonRise. Each Argrath is the equivalent of a Chinese "warlord", spending as much time fighting other Argraths as the Lunars (or Grazers, Esrolians, whoever).

It would make an interesting variation on White Bear Read Moon/Dragon Pass, certainly. I've been having delusions of a miniatures campaign (or PBeM game, or PBeM Miniatures game) set during the period. Each player would be an Argrath, with different "backers" (White Bull would get Praxian units, etc). Once Sartar is "conquered" by Argrath, the scope of the campaign might move on to Tarsh. "hearts and Minds" would be as important as occupying physical locations for controlling the country.

And we can get to sacrafice Kallyr to Argrath's ambition :-).

RR