Re: Another historical period to mine for ideas

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 23:34:04 +0000 (GMT)

RR:
> > And we can get to sacrafice Kallyr to Argrath's
> > ambition :-).

Me:
> I hate to tell you, but she ended up ruling Dragon
> Pass :)

I already did tell you, didn't I? You in particular, from the look of that battle report.

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/stories/Gloryday06.cfm

For those not aware, CHDP is a section of King of Sartar, and this is a parody of it. The Gloranthan author of CHDP, Denseros, writing in 1631, was being VERY careful not to offend his patron, Argrath (aka "the winner"), and as a result his "history" is perhaps just a little bit biased in places and contains a few slight and trivial inaccuracies (like who ruled Sartar from 1626 to 1630).

More seriously (doesn't take much doing), this new historical period: got any useful references for those of us who know nothing about the subject?