Leaving Unlife

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:14:27 -0000

In my carmanian serie, most players have discovered that one PC is becoming an undead, victim of a sort of curse. The PC's goal is to cancel this 'curse', because he wants to be the perfect heir that his father needs. The player decided that it has to be a very difficult and long task, one of the long-term plots of the campaign (which has 'redemption' as its leitmotif). Moreover, I want MANY different solutions (there isn't a one-true-way); the player would have to decide between different ways and they will have different consequences.

Now, some PC's have discovered his secret, and they want to help him. Probably, they will begin to research in myths, folklore and spiritual mentors, looking for a solution. Probably, I will give them some clues.

I would like to know your ideas about different mythical or magical solutions for the PC's problem, because I lack inspiration:

-Ganesatarus' solution: Well, you could be an undead and take the
power, controlling the situation.

-Tradicional Carmanian solution: Er... A long trip to mythical Castle
Blue in Lake Oronin, for example?

-Lunar solution. ¿a sort of combination between the other two?

-Ikadz's solution. One of the players is an Ikadz Initiate, and he has
some strange-not-defined abilities. Is there some way based in Catarsis?

[...]

Regards,

Antonio