Re: Weapon Advantage

From: Christian <Toksickburn_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:50:33 -0000

Mike said:

>If you wanted to get really into this fact, rate the armor and such,
>and have it "attack" the opponent's bravery before hand to see if the
>character takes an "injury" to his confidence (and, therefore weapon
>skill) in the situation at hand. That'd probably be the most
>"accurate" way of handling this sort of thing.

To be precise the GW editon of Griffin Island says about arriving at Nidik:

Gate Contact:
Zhe Nidik gate guards clank and jangle, and all carry metal weapons.*snip*

and then:

General Authority Attitudes:
The soldiers of Nidik are well armed and armored, and have acquired an arrogance born of their equipment.They are cocky, but have an almost automatic deference to better equipped-foreigners. Their bravado and arrogance extends to harrassing all less fortunate people, including worse equipped foreigners.

S that point goes to Mike. I guess it would be best to give them an ability *metal equipment* that augments a lot of actions or can be used by itself actively, maybe even without a (big) improvisational modifier.

best

Christian