Band of Brothers/Sisters/Siblings?

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:35:34 -0000

I think that many of us are aware of the Humakti PbEM game which Guy Jobbins started up and Jane now narrates. I read through the whole story a couple of years ago and I liked the fact that all of the characters followed the same template, i.e. Humakti and Warrior keywords. Bo Rosen even got himself a Humakti troll, sly thing that he is.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this? (I was thinking it could be fun to play a band of Uroxi. Hell, I might do this for a quicky.) There are suggestions all through some of the books ("A healer´s campaign" etc). If so, and especially if it worked, I´d love to hear about it...? (I don´t mean the same homeland, I mean the other stuff)

The problem is that it goes against the players´ usual desire to play something they´ve been wanting to play for a while. There is also that thing about finding a niche (Oh, there´s no cleric? Okay, I´ll be a cleric, you know the stuff).

So, anyone?

Sam.