RE: Band of Brothers/Sisters/Siblings?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:49:18 -0600

>From: "Sam Elliot" <sam.elliot1_at_...>
>
>The problem is that it goes against the players� usual desire to
>play something they�ve been wanting to play for a while.

You can only propose it and see if they like the idea. I think that it should always be a collaboration on what to play. Maybe it turns out that we play all Vingans today. But, that said, if you have a vision and present it, there's no reason that it can't be infectious.

>There is
>also that thing about finding a niche (Oh, there�s no cleric? Okay,
>I�ll be a cleric, you know the stuff).

I think that HQ has this problem licked. That is, we have two Heortling Warrior Humakti. The first has as his relationship with the clan "Banished by Clan" and another has "Beloved by the Clan."

Just one tailored keyword ability and we have two characters who are going to play out completely differently. By the time you tailor each character entirely, I think it's non-problematic. Niche in HQ in the games I've played has been all about the character's personal issues, not what powers they have.

Mike

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place! �MSN Shopping Sales & Deals
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639