Re: Re: Orlanthi Boasting

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:46:52 -0500

I love your "boasting as politics" role for boasting, and I think it is a great idea. Hell, I think one of the adventures in the HQ book has a comment about how a bad recounting of the story to someone important can result in the heroes either not getting credit or even being blamed for a successful mission. :)

But I think another boasting role is "promises of future deeds". I don't know how Orlanthi this is, but I have often heard of Boasting competitions *before* a battle or other endeavour. Failing to live up to the boast is bad juju.

That isn't so much what you are going for here, but I still think could be great fun to play. Indeed, doing this before a battle could be great for PCs, because then you can make the contest about *acheiving the boast* - possibly even to the detriment of the greater battle strategy itself.

LC