Re: Re: Orlanthi Boasting

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:58:03 +0000 (GMT)

> "I'm Greg, and I invented the real art of
> roleplaying, back when
> others were just rolling dice, I invented roles and
> made the industry what it is today."
>
> *Didn't* you?!? ;-)
>
> RR

And you know, that's the interesting thing about those examples. The first two are plain statements of fact - they're not boasts at all. Since they are facts, it might be possible to disprove them. But the last few, even that, are matters of opinion, and hence not possible to disprove. Point "detect lie" magic at it, you won't find a thing. Well, assuming the speaker believes it himself, that is, which probably isn't the case here.