Re: Augmenting

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:50:32 -0800

ygwv

Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>:

>> Yes, that's the general rule I follow.
>> But it is complex, after all. Combat is an ability
>> within the Warrior
>> keyword. Can you use a keyword to augment itself?
>
> And what happens when an ability comes from more than
> one keyword? Combat could be from profession, or
> homeland, or even magic, in some cases.

Of course we often/regularly have abilities in magic and profession that augment each other.

I don't know of a culture that would have combat as an ability in their Keyword. Combative, sure. Argumentative, hostile, agressive, naturally. Can they be used to augment? Depends on: 1. the situation.
2. the GM

> Tricky, if you
> want hard and fast rules. Which I don't, personally,
> but others do.

HQ is meant to be flexible, and absolute rules are hard to find or to enforce. There are always exceptions. I dislike minimaxing--exploiting the rules for the sake of advantage. I always encourage starting from the story, no the rules.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford