Re: Augmenting

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:31:45 +0000

Greg:

> I don't know of a culture that would have combat as an ability in
> their Keyword.

As with the Heortlings and 'farming', this seems at odds with the published books. Officially, the following cultural keywords all have combat as an ability:

Heortlings (if male)
Dara Happa
Grazers (if male)
Tarsh/Lunar Provinces
Rinliddi
Sylila
Darjiin
Arirae
Pelanda
Carmania
Eol
Kastoks
Rightarm Islands
Haragala
Maslo
Malki Coast (if male)

In fact, it would be shorter to list those that don't! Now, one might argue that these somehow don't count, but I'm not really seeing how that would be. It might be that they aren't supposed to be the case (for one thing, if taken literally, this implies that even Dara Happan women have keyword-level skills in fighting, which seems a bit unlikely), but it is what we've got to work with right now. I tend to ignore them myself in most cases, as it happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if others don't.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic