Re: Augmenting

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 06:35:52 +0000 (GMT)

Greg:

> >> Yes, that's the general rule I follow.
> >> But it is complex, after all. Combat is an
> ability
> >> within the Warrior
> >> keyword. Can you use a keyword to augment itself?

Me:
> > And what happens when an ability comes from more
> than
> > one keyword? Combat could be from profession, or
> > homeland, or even magic, in some cases.

greg:
> Of course we often/regularly have abilities in magic
> and profession that augment each other.

Obviously, but that's not the point. You have keywords A, B and C. You want to lead with ability X, which is in all of them. Today, you want to augment with ability Y, which is only found in keyword A, so you use the version of X that's found in either B or C, leaving the A keyword free for augmenting. Tomorrow, you want to augment with ability Z, only found in keyword B, so you use the A version of X....

Which is pretty horrible. But as soon as you put limits on anything, you're telling players that the limits are there to be pushed against.

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk