Wyters and Animals

From: tim_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:29:04 -0000

TR suggests a Wyter can be embodied in an object (Clan Ring, Warband Banner, Farmers Plough etc etc) or in an animal (I think it gives the example of a Bull, but it could also be an alynx, a hawk etc etc).

If the Wyter is embodied in an object then, to destroy the wyter you need to ritually destroy the object. If it is embodied in an animal and the animal dies (either because it is killed, or just because it dies (or does the wyter inhabiting it make it immortal)) then what happens to the wyter, and to the community (guild/heroband etc) that it supports? Do they need to reform the community and give the wyter a new body (and does it have to be the same sort of animal?) Does it automatically embody itself in a new animal (maybe a descendant of the original?) or does the Community just disolve?

Opinions and thoughts please - If it makes any difference, this might tie in with a thought I expressed on the Rules list that what we used to call in RQ-Seak a "Rune Lord with an Allied Spirit" might be thought of in HW terms as "The Leader of a Hero Band with a Hero Band Wyter"