Re: Combat in Culture Keywords

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:19:41 +0000

Greg:

> > Heortlings (if male)
>
> The Heortling men should have this. They ae a rural, "barbarian"
> culture wherein every free man of the clan is expected to take up arms
> in defense of his land.

Yes, I'd have no real difficulty with them, either. Similarly for cultures like the Grazers.

> > Dara Happa
>
> I don' see Combat as a skill on page 40. I see cudgel and dagger, but
> these are more like brawling that real combat, to me. Yea, they are
> still 17 like that Sartar militiaman. OK by me, nonetheless. A
> militiaman with a spear and shield might have some sort of weapon
> advantage against a man with a dager or cudel. YGWV.
To me, brawling is just a type of combat :) But I agree that they'd suffer a weapon disadvantage against someone with a sword, battleaxe, etc.!

> > Rinliddi
> > Sylila
> > Darjiin
> > Arirae
> > Pelanda
> > Carmania
> > Rightarm Islands
> > Haragala
> > Maslo
>
> It seems wrong that those cultures have any combat skill, except maybe
> a brawling one.

Yes, if you discount 'brawling' type skills, then the list is much shorter. Just Carmania, Arir, Sylila, and Rinliddi, in fact.

> > Malki Coast (if male)
>
> Is this Pamaltela?

Yeah; its in Umathela.

> I am also surprised that only the Heortlings and Bison Fokk seem to
> have had any gender differences in their Homeland write ups.
The Grazers do, too. Not exactly a large list of differences, admittedly, but quite a significant one (Tend Horse instead of Archery).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic