RE: Re: Vinga's Skirts

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:28:41 -0000

Is it your suggestion that women in trousers are not feminine? Is a woman in trousers alone "unnatural" in Heortland as they would be in Afghanistan?
Why is a warrior role incompatible with feminity such that some have to abandon their sex and others are obliged to keep certain symbols of their sex?
Is there an equivalent Heortland custom of men giving up their sex?

Seeing as I don't see this incompatibility, I don't see any need for a female warrior to carry a flag saying she is female. I am questioning why game designers feel a need to present this, rather than its internal consistancy in the Orlanthi psyche.