Conflicting relationship abilities

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:41:09 -0000

>> Conflicting emotions to flavour a relationship.

> So have two relationships with the same person, and
> have a contest between them. And if this Ragnar is
> that interesting, he starts to get his own character
> sheet, and that may have more than one relationship
> with you on it, as well as other traits that will give
> him motivations. If his "hate common enemy" is higher
> than his "your rival", he may come and help.

And develop both using hero-points? Regard one as a flaw?

This is less a problem for actual play, I admit, but more for calculating a reaction test for a strategic game using HQ abilities which I try to cook up - sort of a trading game based on Men of the Sea, possibly for PBEM, with some programmed narrator aid.

Probably moving too deeply into rules territory here...