Re: Backstory skills

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:17:58 -0600

>From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
>
> > I may cap the number spent on any
> > one keyword, however, to enforce some breadth, and so that one keyword
> > doesn't get spiked to too high a level than the passing time period
>should
> > represent.
>
>This isn't an issue for me yet but is a good idea and I'll keep it in mind
>for when it does become a problem.

Just to give an example, I had a gap of 20 years at one point between two phases of play. So working with the one per year idea, but accounting for multiple keywords, I decided that they should get 30 points to raise their keywords up. But I didn't want them all to end up on one keyword, so I said that the most they could give was 20 to one keyword. The idea being that this keyword would be the one that they focused most of their energy on during this period, if they did max it out, so it should get one per year.

Some players min-maxed it 20/10. One player split the points between no less than eight keywords, with 8 being the most spent on one. Note that I also allow the purchase of new keywords at 13 for one of these points. Representing new directions in life during the period in question.

Mike

Laugh, share and connect with Windows Live Messenger http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline