Re: Need ideas for The End of The World

From: frank_rafaelsen <frank_rafaelsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:39:23 -0000

> I think that's good help, Kevin. Frank, what I think several are
saying here
> is that you should try to keep it open-ended. Here's the thing.
Looking at
> what you posted, I think that it's just possible that one of the
problems
> with the campaign as you had it is that you had pre-decided how it
was all
> going to end. Forcing the game to make a grandiose statement about
how
> warring against an intractbly warlike enemy is not a solution to
the
> problem.

It is not just possible, it is quite definitely the single most important reason the campaign died. I fell in love with the concept behind the campaign and pre-decided how it was going to end. It was so beautiful and so very wrong.

The goal of this last session is to not fall into the same trap. I'll give them the end that they want, the way that they want it. They may not succeed, but they should be given a way to succeed and they should know what they have to do. This is why I'm planning on mapping out a couple of possible solutions, and remaining open for other ideas. The only thing I will hold on to, is that killing LDoaH will not be enough.