Re: Need ideas for The End of The World

From: frank_rafaelsen <frank_rafaelsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:56:11 -0000

> I still think, personally, that Frank is too attached to the idea
> that the KoW is not defeatable militarily. If the players decide
> they want to take a military approach, the game is in trouble. Big,
> huge resistances in the numbers, sure, but...the game isnīt about
> teaching your friends that War is Bad, I am sure. Anyway, I can
> commment more on that if necessary.

Old dogma is hard to put down. :)

I know what you are saying, and I follow you quite a bit. But the old school GM in me is insisting that there should be good and bad choices.

I'm not saying that a military victory is impossible, just probably not worth the sacrifice (see the idea of the holding war). I just don't want them to solve the scenario by killing LDoaH. That would be the ultimate anti climax for me. And I plan to let them know this from the start.

I'm prepared to accept everything else.